The Shelter Designs Four Seasons Yurt is designed to serve your small home needs and wants in climates where harsh winters and hot summers are the norm.
- 314 sq ft, 24 ft diameter
- 7 ft wall height
- Venting dome
- Door awning with rain diverter
- Made in the USA
The Four Season package includes the following:
- Insulation kit
- Flooring kit
- Stove pipe flashing kit
- Snow & wind kit (reinforced framing for snow & wind loading)
Does not include a bathroom or kitchen
*Interior photos are shown to illustrate the inside of a Shelter Designs Yurt but don’t reflect the exact interior size of a 24 ft yurt. Furnishings shown in photos are not included.
Dimensions: 24ft diameter
Interior: 452 sq ft
Wall height: 7’2”
Center height: 12’8”
Comfortably sleeps: 4 people
- Yurt frame – 3 year warranty
- Wall fabric – 8 year warranty
- Roof cover – 15 year warranty
Arctic insulation package – Keeps the yurt warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
Snow and wind kit – Added structural support for snow loads and high winds
SIPs Flooring kit – Easy to assemble insulated flooring
(2) Steel insulated exterior doors with thermal paned windows that open
(2) Door awnings each with a rain diverter
(4) 4’ x 4’ clear vinyl windows with fine mesh bug screens and storm flaps
Wall lattice with finish height of 7’2”
Venting & tinted dome – The center skylight dome is designed to fit over the compression ring and has the ability to open, allowing for maximum ventilation. The tinting shields the interior from the sun, keeping the yurt cooler.
8” Stove pipe flashing kit
Star800 wall fabric with welded seams
DuroLast roof cover with welded seams
¾” Heavy duty steel tension cable
2 hour instructional yurt set-up DVD
Snow and wind kit – A structural support system that enables the yurt to withstand extreme load conditions. Consists of upright supports that are placed under each roof rafter and are also attached to the lattice and floor.
Ratings for 24 ft yurt:
- Snow load rating: 60 lbs per sq. ft.
- Wind rating: 100 mph Exposure C winds
- 3 people with minimal skills, 1 person with carpentry skills to install SIPs flooring kit
- 4 days including SIPs flooring
- Intermediate set of tools needed
- Prior to installing the SIPs flooring kit, a post and beam support frame needs to be built
- Once the foundation frame is built the flooring kit can be installed on top & fastened to it
Yurt is shipped in a crate
- Yurt is handmade in Montana and materials are locally sourced from Montana and Idaho
- Yurt frame: Douglas fir and Larch
- Compression ring: Fir/Larch and plywood laminate for superior strength
- Tension cable: ¾” high quality steel
- Flooring: The flooring kit is comprised of SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels) that are constructed of an EPS (expanded polystyrene) insulating layer of foam sandwiched between two pieces of 4 ½” OSB (Oriented Strand Board). The panels are all pre-cut to their proper size and come complete with connecting splines and the proper fasteners. The footprint of flooring matches the diameter of the yurt.
- Arctic insulation: A double-sided thermal reflective barrier with ½” flexible foam. The finishing touch is a lightweight liner for the interior.
- Wall fabric: vinyl-coated polyester
- Roof fabric: vinyl-coated polyester