Close to Home’s ASPIRE Tiny House on Wheels DIY Kit enables you to build a COMPLETE HOME which includes all major appliances and furniture.
There is no house kit out there like it!
- 200 sq ft main floor
- 60 sq ft sleeping loft (accommodates a queen sized mattress which is included)
- 22 sq ft storage loft
- Kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, 2 burner induction cook top and microwave
- Washer/dryer combo
- Bathroom with shower, toilet and sink
- Included furniture: daybed w/mattresses, attached fold-out table and chairs, loft mattress
- Made in the USA
POSSIBLE USES FOR ASPIRE:
- Affordable housing
- Homelessness/Transitional housing
- Veteran housing
- Post-disaster housing
- Accessory dwelling unit
- Starter home
Dimensions: 8’4″W x 24’L x 10’10” H (at peak)
Interior: 200 sq ft with additional 60 sq ft sleeping loft & 22 sq ft storage loft
- 8’6” x 24′ custom 14,000 lb (7000 lb dual axle)
- Designed specifically for ASPIRE
- Combined tongue and frame
- Insulation over the full width of the floor
- No metal pan to condense water in the floor
- Low floor height – 27” with 4 ½” SIPs
- Average weight under 2,000 lbs
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty for SIPs and appliances
- Delta Surround shower stall
- Duravit sink and American Standard dual flush toilet
- Moen showerhead and faucet
- Panasonic Whispersense exhaust fan
- Kohler sink with Moen faucet
- 10 cu ft Frigidaire refrigerator
- True Induction 2 burner inset cooktop
- Kohler sink with Moen faucet
- Magic Chef microwave
- Magic Chef washer/dryer combo
- Formica Countertops (installed with “green” water-based application)
- Hampton Bay Cabinetry
Living area with:
- IKEA Daybed – pulls out to make a “Short King” for main floor sleeping quarters (mattresses included)
- IKEA wall-mounted drop-leaf table
- 2 IKEA bar stools for table
- Wall sconces
- Open shelving under stairs
Loft sleeping area with:
- Queen-sized mattress (included)
- Wall sconces
- Under the stairs
- in 22 sq ft loft (water heater & bathroom fan located here)
- Kitchen – Forbo Marmoleum Click Cinch Loc Linoleum Flooring
- Bathroom – Forbo Marmoleum Sheet
- Selkirk Knotty Western Red Cedar Channel Siding
- Andersen® Fibrex® Energy Star double pane windows
- Exterior lighting (by front door)
- Stair & Deck Kit Available as an Add On Option – $600
20 gallon Rheem water heater
Ductless mini-split system for heating/cooling
100 amp electrical panel
Electrical outlets w/USB chargers
Timeline depends on various factors but generally the SIPs structure (building envelope – floor/walls/roof) can go up in a weekend – 2 days. The Kit includes information on building it out, but will require expert electrical and plumbing installation. Close to Home can help with Assembly Supervision & Project Management – call us for more information & pricing.
The ASPIRE is built on the included trailer.
The ASPIRE SIPs enclosure package is shipped flat packed on the included trailer. The additional building materials will be shipped separately. (Shipping is not included – please contact us for an estimate.) Your Kit materials will be shipped and organized within a “PODS” moving & storage container – organized for you to access materials as needed throughout the build.
SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels) package includes:
- SIPs: 8’w x 12’h x 4”d panel of insulating foam core sandwiched between oriented strand board (OSB)
- R-values: R-20 for walls, roof and floor
- Window and door cut-outs
- Corner lumber installed
- Bevel cut lumber for wall or roof rakes
- SIPS assembly accessory package – which includes:
- Bolts and straps
- Spray foam
- Loose lumber
Benefits of Building a Tiny House on Wheels with SIPs:
- Saves time, money and labor
- The enclosure build takes a couple of days and is built right on the trailer
- Provides a solid wall for minimal thermal bridging
- Creates a relatively air tight structure that can be ventilated efficiently
SIPs are considered a sustainable (green) building product because they:
“SIPs are one of the most airtight and well insulated building systems available, making them an inherently green product. An airtight SIP building will use less energy to heat and cool, allow for better control over indoor environmental conditions, and reduce construction waste.”
“The major components of SIPs, foam and oriented strand board (OSB), take less energy and raw materials to produce than other structural building systems. SIPs are also fabricated in a controlled environment, allowing for greater efficiency than site-built framing.”
Improve Indoor Air Quality
“A SIP home or commercial building allows for better control over indoor air quality because the airtight building envelope limits incoming air to controlled ventilation. Controlled ventilation filters out contaminants and allergens, and also allows for incoming air to be dehumidified, reducing the possibility for mold growth. SIPs do not contain any VOCs or other harmful chemicals that can affect occupant health. The components used to make SIPs (foam, oriented strand board, and adhesive) meet some of the most stringent standards for indoor air quality.”
SIPs details thanks to: http://www.sips.org/green-building/green-building-with-sips
Andersen® Fibrex® Energy Star double pane windows
Fibrex is 2x stronger than vinyl and is composed of 40% reclaimed wood fiber by weight, most of which is reclaimed from the manufacturing of Anderson® windows.
Behr Premium Plus Zero VOC interior paint and exterior stain
BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® offers exceptional durability and hide with a finish that resists mildew and stains. In addition, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a low odor and zero VOC paint. PREMIUM PLUS is highly ranked by independent 3rd party labs and meets LEED and GREENGUARD® GOLD requirements.
Selkirk Western Red Cedar Siding (Sourced from Home Depot)
Cedar is sourced from Selkirk’s Sustainably Managed Forests in British Columbia, Canada.
Formica Countertops installed with Water-Based Adhesive
Formica® Laminate products are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute under the GREENGUARD Standard for Low-Emitting Products, including the requirements for Children & Schools.
Marmoleum Flooring – Living Room/Kitchen
Marmoleum Click Cinch Loc Linoleum Laminate Flooring is produced of natural linoleum on water-resistant HDF with a cork backing for a warm, comfortable, quiet flooring solution. Marmoleum Click Cinch Loc is made primarily from renewable resources, including linseed oil, pine rosin and wood floor. These natural ingredients provide Marmoleum Click Cinch Loc with naturally occurring antistatic and antimicrobial properties that repel dust and dirt, making it easy to clean and reducing exposure to allergens, while inhibiting the breeding of harmful organisms. Marmoleum Click Cinch Loc fits into place using a secure Valinge 5G locking system for a glue-free installation.
Marmoleum Flooring – Bathroom
Forbo Marmoleum is the most sustainable flooring choice and combines its natural character with stunning floor designs, excellent durability and easy cleaning & maintenance. Marmoleum, Forbo’s brand of linoleum, is made from 97% natural raw materials and contains 43% recycled content. It contains no phthalates, no plasticisers and no mineral oil. The key raw materials used in the Marmoleum production include linseed oil, wood flour and jute. Marmoleum flooring is very suitable for people with asthmatic allergies and similar disorders. It is anti-static (which is why it’s so easy to keep dust-free), and its proven bacteriostatic properties inhibit micro-organisms.
Panasonic WhisperSense Motion Sensing Bath Fan
Ultra quiet & energy efficient – Energy Star rated and certified by the Home Ventilation Institute (HVI) This fan can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, Energy Star IAP, CALGreen, EarthCraft, California Title 24 and Washington Ventilation Code.
Energy Star rated LED lighting in kitchen & bath plus LED compatible light fixtures in loft & living room
Columbia Forest Products Brand PureBond Hickory Plywood Project Panels (used for stairs, storage, loft flooring/LR ceiling)
An affordable alternative to formaldehyde-laden plywood and features a soy-based PureBond technology that won’t subject interior environs to toxic fumes over time. Decorative veneers on both sides of the 3/4 in. x 2 ft. x 8 ft. panel display authentic wood grains that make work pieces come to life. The 7-ply sheet is constructed with 100% wood, featuring a yellow poplar substrate that’s assembled with alternating cross bands for utmost strength, rigidity and flatness. Water-resistance allows it to tolerate moisture better than UF-constructed plywood and the multilayered assembly makes it less likely to warp than solid wood.
Moen Bathroom Faucet & Showerhead
Bathroom Faucet Meets EPA WaterSense criteria to conserve water without sacrificing performance & the showerhead is EPA WaterSense certified for eco-friendly performance.
American Standard H2Option Dual Flush Toilet
High efficiency, low consumption, and EPA WaterSense certified.